On January 29, 2019, PG&E Corporation ("PG&E Corp.") and its primary operating subsidiary, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (the "Utility"; together with PG&E Corp., "PG&E" or the "Debtors"), filed voluntary Chapter 11 petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
Throughout the Chapter 11 process, PG&E remains committed to:
- Delivering safe and reliable electric and natural gas service to customers;
- Continuing to make critical investments in system safety and maintenance;
- Supporting the orderly, fair and expeditious resolution of its liabilities resulting from the 2017 and 2018 wildfires;
- Working with customers, civic leaders, regulators, policymakers and other key stakeholders to consider alternatives to provide for the safe delivery of natural gas and electricity and new safety solutions in an environment challenged by climate change; and
- Assisting our customers and communities impacted by wildfires in Northern California. PG&E’s restoration and rebuilding efforts will continue.
PG&E’s cases have been assigned to Judge Dennis Montali and are jointly administered under Case No. 19-30088. The Docket can be accessed by clicking on "Docket" above or through the website maintained by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.
For additional information about the reorganization process, including press releases and FAQs, please visit www.pge.com/reorganization.
Important Information & Dates
Deadline to File Claims
General Bar Date
The deadline for filing all proofs of claim in respect of any prepetition claim including, but not limited to, all claims of Fire Claimants, Wildfire Subrogation Claimants, Governmental Units and Customers, and for the avoidance of doubt, including all secured claims and priority claims, against either of the Debtors is October 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Prevailing Pacific Time) (the "General Bar Date"). Any claim related to or in any way arising from the fires that occurred in Northern California prior to the Petition Date (January 29, 2019), including any claim held by a Wildfire Subrogation Claimant, must be filed prior to the General Bar Date.
Click on "Submit a Claim" above to download the applicable proof of claim form and for more information regarding filing a claim against the Debtors.
Section 503(b)(9) Claim Bar Date
The deadline to file proofs of claim against the Debtors on account of claims entitled to administrative expense priority under section 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code ("503(b)(9) Claims") passed on April 22, 2019. 503(b)(9) Claims are for the value of any goods sold to either of the Debtors in the ordinary course of business and received by the Debtor within the 20 days before the Petition Date (i.e., on or after January 9, 2019 through and including January 28, 2019).
Click on "Submit a Claim" above to download a 503(b)(9) Proof of Claim Form and for more information regarding filing a 503(b)(9) Claim against the Debtors.
Hearing on First Day Motions
At a status conference held on January 29, 2019, the Bankruptcy Court scheduled a hearing on the Debtors' First Day Motions that was held on Thursday, January 31, 2019, and a final hearing on certain of the First Day Motions was held on February 27, 2019. A final hearing on certain other First Day Motions was held on March 12, 2019.
Please click below to view and download the Debtors' First Day Motions and Orders:
Important Information Regarding Restrictions on Certain Transfers of Stock of, and Claims Against, the Debtors
By order dated March 27, 2019 (the “Final NOL Order”), the Court approved certain restrictions and procedures applicable to transfers of stock of, and claims against the Debtors requested in the Debtors’ Motion for Interim and Final Orders Establishing Notification Procedures and Approving Restrictions On Certain Transfers of Stock of, and Claims Against, the Debtors (the “NOL Motion”). The purpose of the relief requested in the NOL Motion is to protect the potential value of the Debtors’ net operating tax loss carryforward and certain other tax attributes.
Please click below to view and download the NOL Motion, the Interim NOL Order, the Final NOL Order, and the Procedures and Notices approved in the Final NOL Order:
NOL Motion [Docket Number 10]
Interim NOL Order [Docket Number 212]
Final NOL Order [Docket Number 1094]
Exhibit 1 to the Final NOL Order (Stock Procedures)
Exhibit 2 to the Final NOL Order (Claims Procedures)
Exhibit 3 to the Final NOL Order (Notice of Substantial Stock Ownership)
Exhibit 4 to the Final NOL Order (Notice of Intent to Purchase, Acquire, or Otherwise Accumulate PG&E Stock)
Section 341 Meeting of Creditors
In accordance with Section 341 of the Bankruptcy Code, a meeting of the Debtors' creditors was held on March 4, 2019 at the Phillip Burton Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, 2nd Floor, California Conference Room, San Francisco, CA 94102. The meeting was adjourned and held on Monday, April 29, 2019.
The debtors’ representative must attend the meeting to be questioned under oath. Creditors may attend, but are not required to do so.
The court has reserved 9:30 a.m. on the following dates as available for hearings on matters requiring a hearing. Dates will be added to the below calendar as matters are scheduled to be heard.
|July 9, 2019
July 23, 2019
July 24, 2019
July 30, 2019
July 31, 2019
|August 13, 2019
August 14, 2019
August 27, 2019
August 28, 2019
|September 10, 2019
September 11, 2019
September 24, 2019
September 25, 2019
|October 8, 2019
October 9, 2019
October 22, 2019
October 23, 2019
For information on matters that have been rescheduled to a different hearing date, plaese click here.
General Bar Date
General Bar Date
First Day Hearing
Hearing on First Day Motion to Pay Prepetition Wages
Hearing on Motion to Intervene In Adversary Proceeding
Final Hearing on Certain First Day Motions
Meeting of Creditors
Scheduling Conference re Summons Issued on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Deadline to File 503(b)(9) Claims
Rescheduled from April 23, 2019
Meeting of Creditors (Adjourned from March 4th)
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
767 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10153-0119
Keller & Benvenutti LLP
650 California Street, Suite 1900
San Francisco, CA 94108
Tobias S. Keller
United States Trustee and Court Information
Office of The United States Trustee
450 Golden Gate Avenue, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
James L. Snyder
United States Bankruptcy Court
Northern District of California-San Francisco Div.
450 Golden Gate Avenue, 18th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
|19-30088||PG&E Corporation||January 29, 2019|
|19-30089||Pacific Gas and Electric Company||January 29, 2019|
District Court Cases:
PG&E Corporation, Pacific Gas and Electric Company v. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission:
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03843 (Appeal of Intervenor FTP Power LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03831 (Appeal of Intervenor Capital Dynamics, Inc.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03824 (Appeal of Intervenor Enel Green Power North America, Inc.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03655 (Appeal of Intervenors Crockett Cogeneration, Middle River Power, LLC and MRP San Joaquin Energy, LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03654 (Appeal of Defendant Federal Energy Regulatory Commission)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03651 (Appeal of Intervenors Vantage Wind Energy LLC and KES Kingsburg, L.P.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03652 (Appeal of Intervenor Topaz Solar Farms LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03649 (Appeal of Intervenor EDF Renewables, Inc.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03647 (Appeal of Intervenor Diablo Winds, LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03646 (Appeal of Intervenor Southern Power Company)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03645 (Appeal of Intervenors Clearway Energy, Inc., Clearway Energy Group LLC, MC Shiloh IV Holdings LLC, NRG Energy, Inc., and TerraForm Power, Inc.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03644 (Appeal of Intervenor Calpine Corporation)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03642 (Appeal of Intervenor Mojave Solar LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03641 (Appeal of Intervenors Exelon Corporation and AV Solar Ranch I, LLC)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03640 (Appeal of Intervenors NextEra Energy, Inc. and NextEra Energy Partners, L.P.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-03639 (Appeal of Intervenor Consolidated Edison Development, Inc.)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-00781 (Motion of Defendant Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to Withdraw the Reference)
- Civil Case No. 4:19-cv-00599 (Nextera Energy’s Motion to Withdraw Reference of Adversary Proceeding)